Your East Grand Rapids Schools Foundation and Alumni Association
is here to support your reunion planning.
EGRSF can provide some of the following to aid in the planning process:
- Class list of names and the most current contact information from the EGRSF alumni database
- Reunion information and example invitations
- Tours of one or more of the school buildings
- Information on local venues and activities
- Event information included in the bi-annual newsletter Foundations, on our Upcoming Events page and on the EGRSF & Alumni Association Facebook page
Contact Maria Allen, Alumni Relations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616)235-3535 for assistance.
Reunion planning tips:
It is best to begin the reunion planning process at least 12-18 months in advance. This allows the reunion committee to be formed, the class contact list to be updated, a date to be set, a venue selected, and most importantly, your classmates enough time to make proper travel arrangements.
Here are some things to consider when planning your reunion:
- Contact the EGRSF Alumni Relations Coordinator for reunion planning information and support.
- Gather a reunion committee; establish a chairperson, treasurer, and committee members.
- Begin updating your class contact list. Encourage classmates to use the EGRSF Contact Us page!
- Determine the preferred type of event (casual, formal, multi-day, etc.) and select a date (or time of year – summer/fall).
- Determine financing (bank account, budget, and reservation fees).
Build an event plan and budget based on some of the following items:
- Venue and format
- Invitations (printed and/or electronic)
- Registration (online and/or printed registration)
- Decorations (flowers, table decorations, banners)
- Entertainment (band, DJ, sound system)
- Photographer (professional, photo booth)
- Mementos (memory book, novelty, prizes and/or awards)
- Marketing and communication (class contact list, web page, email account)
- Deceased classmates tribute
- Additional reunion activities (school tour, pre and/or post reunion events)
- Class gift and Distinguished Alumni Award nomination to the East Grand Rapids Schools Foundation