Your East Grand Rapids Schools Foundation and Alumni Association
is here to support your reunion planning.
EGRSF can provide some of the following to aid in the planning process:
- Class list of names and the most current contact information from the EGRSF alumni database
- Reunion information and example invitations
- Tours of one or more of the school buildings
- Information on local venues and activities
- Event information included in the bi-annual newsletter Foundations, on our Upcoming Events page and on the EGRSF & Alumni Association Facebook page
Contact Maria Allen, Alumni Relations Coordinator, at email@example.com or (616)235-3535 for assistance.
Reunion planning tips:
It is best to begin the reunion planning process at least 12-18 months in advance. This allows the reunion committee to be formed, the class contact list to be updated, a date to be set, a venue selected, and most importantly, your classmates enough time to make proper travel arrangements. Additional information can be found in our Reunion Planning Guide.
Here are some things to consider when planning your reunion:
- Contact the EGRSF Alumni Relations Coordinator for reunion planning information and support.
- Gather a reunion committee; establish a chairperson, treasurer, and committee members.
- Begin updating your class contact list. Encourage classmates to use the EGRSF Contact Us page!
- Determine the preferred type of event (casual, formal, multi-day, etc.) and select a date (or time of year – summer/fall).
- Determine financing (bank account, budget, and reservation fees).
Build an event plan and budget based on some of the following items:
- Venue and format
- Invitations (printed and/or electronic)
- Registration (online and/or printed registration)
- Decorations (flowers, table decorations, banners)
- Entertainment (band, DJ, sound system)
- Photographer (professional, photo booth)
- Mementos (memory book, novelty, prizes and/or awards)
- Marketing and communication (class contact list, web page, email account)
- Deceased classmates tribute
- Additional reunion activities (school tour, pre and/or post reunion events)
- Class gift and Distinguished Alumni Award nomination to the East Grand Rapids Schools Foundation